[Uml-user] In which class can I find the main widget?

Sebastian Stein s5228 at informatik.htw-dresden.de
Tue Jul 16 23:30:02 UTC 2002

Paul Hensgen <phensgen at bigpond.net.au> [020717 08:09]:
> Umm, are we reading the same code?

Yes, sorry, now I have found the starting point and yes the comments are ok.

> UMLView is what the widgets are drawn on which inherits QCanvasView
>
> Each widget is not really a widget in QT terms as of the  overhead with
> QWidget and it not having DoubleBuffer and transparency built in.

So it is a QCanvasItem I think.

> UMLWidget is the base widget for all items that draw on the UMLView , which
> inherits from QCanvasItem.

I was a little bit confused why I can not move the widgets with the mouse. I
think this behaviour comes allready with QCanvas. On the other hand it might
be a problem to move the lines/arrows between the objects, if a widget is
moved.

Steinchen
--
http://www.hpfsc.de/ - die Seite rund um:
Assembler, Bundeswehr, TFT LCDs, Halle/Saale, Fahrradtouren,