[Uml-user] In which class can I find the main widget?

Paul Hensgen phensgen at bigpond.net.au
Tue Jul 16 16:04:03 UTC 2002

Hi,

Umm, are we reading the same code?  I haven't got the code in front of me but
I think it does explain this:

UMLView is what the widgets are drawn on which inherits QCanvasView

Each widget is not really a widget in QT terms as of the  overhead with
QWidget and it not having DoubleBuffer and transparency built in.

UMLWidget is the base widget for all items that draw on the UMLView , which
inherits from QCanvasItem.

Each UMLWidget then has a corresponding CUMLWidgatData class which hold the
info for the widget.  This is used is cut/copy/paste save/load operations.

Some of the design is not crash hot, but I never designed past my small
University project to start with as I didn't think people would use it.

If you are thinking of adding something let me know and I can point you in the
right direction.

Paul.