[Uml-user] UML question

Luis De la Parra Blum lparrab at gmx.net
Thu Dec 19 10:58:04 UTC 2002

> the point is when I use list<Object> I want a list<Object*> from an STL

my mistake, sorry.
I just checked and you are right.. if you didn't enter anything for the
multiplicity of the association, Umbrello assumes it's 1, and it generates
pointers for aggregations and objects for compositions, but if multiplicity
is not 1, it generates vectors of objects (not pointers).

I'll fix this.  For the next release I think it would be great to make the
container configurable (vector, list, QList, etc)

> object for this pointer within the class it has become a part of the class
> and seems to me that's a composition. Because this part will not live
> without the whole.

if you delete the object the part created will keep on living (unless you are
using Qt's autodelte mechanism OR smart pointers and the object is not  being
referenced by someone else. If you have objects directly IN your object, when
you delete it the parts die with it.

> Are packages within packages possible, this would be a nice feature
> though!?

at the moment it's not possible. -- packages are implemented as strings, with
no real value (this will be fixed for the next release)

luis