Build of branch release/20.08 with QtCreator fails on Ubuntu 18.04.4

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Mon Aug 10 07:47:12 BST 2020

Am 07.08.20 um 13:07 schrieb Robert Hairgrove:
> I have Qt 5.12.9 with Qt Creator 4.12.2 installed which I am using for
> development work.
>
> When I last cloned the master branch, I was able to build everything
> after pointing cmake to the right directory for Qt5WebKitWidgets and
> after the fix for failing dependency on ThreadWeaver was done. I wanted
> to build from the latest sources, so I pulled the branch release/20.08
> and tried to build it.
>
> Now I am getting these errors which have to do with kdev5-php/parser/
> and kdevphpparser (build output is shown below). Has anyone seen this
> before?
<snip>
> phpast.h, phpparser.h, phpparser.cpp, phpvisitor.h, phpvisitor.cpp,
> phpdefaultvisitor.h, phpdefaultvisitor.cpp
> ** WARNING found FIRST/FOLLOW conflict in elseifList:
t)
> When executing step "CMake Build"
> 12:48:14: Elapsed time: 00:15.
> ========== end build output ======================
>
> Also, I am not sure how serious the warnings about FIRST/FOLLOW etc. are.

See
https://invent.kde.org/sdk/umbrello/-/blob/master/lib/kdev4-php/parser/php.g#L28

Am 07.08.20 um 13:07 schrieb Robert Hairgrove:> Scanning dependencies of
target php-parser
 > [  3%] Building CXX object
 > lib/kdev5-php/parser/CMakeFiles/php-parser.dir/main.cpp.o
 > [  3%] Building CXX object

lib/kdev5-php/parser/CMakeFiles/php-parser.dir/php-parser_autogen/mocs_compilation.cpp.o

 > [  3%] Linking CXX executable php-parser
 > //usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libKF5Declarative.so.5: undefined reference
 > to `QQmlPropertyMap::init(QMetaObject const*)@Qt_5'
 > //usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libKF5Declarative.so.5: undefined reference
 > to `QQmlPropertyMap::allocatePrivate()@Qt_5'
 > make[2]: *** [lib/kdev5-php/parser/php-parser] Error 1
 > make[1]: *** [lib/kdev5-php/parser/CMakeFiles/php-parser.dir/all] Error 2
 > make: *** [all] Error 2
 > lib/kdev5-php/parser/CMakeFiles/php-parser.dir/build.make:122: recipe
 > for target 'lib/kdev5-php/parser/php-parser' failed
 > CMakeFiles/Makefile2:433: recipe for target
 > 'lib/kdev5-php/parser/CMakeFiles/php-parser.dir/all' failed
 > Makefile:140: recipe for target 'all' failed with code 2.

> (Do we even need QML things at all for this?)
no. This seems to be an internal dependency of libKF5Declarative.so.5:
and it located in the Qt QML packages, which seems to not be installed
at your system and indicates a broken dependency on your system.

On opensuse I simply do `sudo zypper sourceinstall umbrello` to get all
packages for building umbrello from source, I don't know how it works on
your system.
https://build.neon.kde.org/job/bionic_stable_kde_umbrello_src/213/console
may help to get an idea which packages is missing.

Regards
Ralf

Regards
Ralf