umbrello build

Shawn McKenney shawn.mckenney at emmion.com
Fri Sep 16 18:12:48 UTC 2016

Hi Ralf -

Thanks for the feedback. One note, when running from master, I am not
seeing the "Code" menu (Ubuntu 16.04 / KDE 5). Is there perhaps a build or
run option that I am missing?

> To proceed with clang ast base import I suggest to open a related bug
> report https://bugs.kde.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=umbrello&format=guided
> with severity 'wishlist' containing an abstract what you want to do.

Agreed. Will do.

> From writing the recent test case I think it is required to:
> 1. be able to setup an include file list to let the parser find related
> header files

Perhaps a configurable list of extra (non-system) include paths?

> 2. setup language options (which c++ standard, additional options, may
> be later using a user dialog)

Agreed.

> 3. setup preprocesser (default and custom defines: may be it is possible
> to extract them later from a present build system)

Agreed.

> 4. Inspect umbrello source how to add a clang based c++ importer.

Agreed.

4.5 Review proposed design / implementation approach.

> 5. Fork https://github.com/KDE/umbrello and try to implement a clang
> based c++ import Implementation
> 6. Until the clang based parser is ready it is required to add it as an
> c++ import alternative to the gui

Sounds good.

> A good starting point may be to extend the present test case to get more
> in contact with clang api.
>
> testcase related BTW: git master got two new commits:
> - The llvm test cases are now command line application on Windows
> supported stdout and stderr
> https://github.com/KDE/umbrello/commit/41e9adfbbc201e05e2619
> efe526c82b7ecc8efb9
> - testcase classes and files follows common umbrello style
> https://github.com/KDE/umbrello/commit/348dbe73b5350b56c65bb
> 4e0144a37025dc8da2d
>
> Ralf

I'll certainly take a look at what is there.

Thanks,
Shawn

--
Shawn McKenney