[umbrello-devel] Participation in the Umbrello Project

Felix Seib felix.seib at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 16 02:44:59 UTC 2015

Hallo,
my name is Felix Seib.
I'm interested in participating in the umbrello project.

I thought about writing my own CASE-System. I have used a few of the
commercial systems,
and with each I am missing helpful features. Further, there is no
useable open source full-size CASE-System,
except the Umbrello-Project. The Umbrello Project is far enough
developed to think about integrating
my ideas into umbrello, rather than writing a completely new program.
Therefore I would like you to
give me feedback whether these ideas fit into the goals of the Umbrello
project.

I have several ideas, from small changes and additions to new big
features. Here is a list of my ideas:

Small ideas:

-Templates for Use Case describtions

-Additional Bending Modes for lines in the diagramms.

-Make the View Tree more flexible, for example that you can configure
the Tree View.

-Improve Crow's foot notation for Entity-Relationship-Model

Big ideas:

- Add network support, so that more users can work on one project.

- Improve the code generation and the code import to support round trip
engeneering

- Devide Umbrello to K-Parts to make it possible to integrate as addons
to kdevelop

- Add software metric tools

At last I have to say that I am new to kde and Qt development.
Are there any simple tasks that I can work on to make myself familiar
with the code base?

best regards,
Felix Seib