[Uml-devel] Umbrello improvement

Oscar Herrera oha at correo.azc.uam.mx
Fri Jan 4 21:39:31 UTC 2013

My name is Oscar Herrera
Im Professor at the Metropolitan Autonomus University at Mexico city
(see http://ia.azc.uam.mx )

For several years I have been working with the Umbrello source code and
I have detected some weaknesses
1. It does not allow to define overloaded Constructors for Java (it
inserts return types)
2. It does not realize reverse engineering for method implementations
(is it?)
3. It generates private attributes and private getter setter methods,
what produce unusable code islands

I have developed some enhancements in order to use Umbrello unofficially
with my students.
I decide to modify the javawriter.cpp file:

1. To generate constructors detecting that the name of the class has the
same name that the constructors, and to insert constructor implementations
2. To generate constructors in the appropriate section Constructors
4. To generate public getter setter methods for private attributes

3. Create an external Java program that synchronizes (classes+method
implementations) from subdirectories with java files to insert them to
the corresponding XMI proyect
from which I generate the sources
Im interested you to insert a link to this program which, in the worst
case, could be available as servlet in my ia.azc.uam.mx server

What I pretend is to know a official way to collaborate with the
Umbrello proyect officially

Thanks in advance