[Uml-devel] Move Umbrello to git

Kip Warner kip at thevertigo.com
Sat Sep 1 19:47:57 UTC 2012

On Sat, 2012-09-01 at 16:45 -0300, Tomaz Canabrava wrote:
> I'm not sure about the other developers, as I'm an 'intruder' here in
> the Umbrello mailing list. But I think that if Umbrello wants to be
> part of the kdesdk group, then I *think* that the answer is yes, it
> needs to be there. ( this way anyone that have developer account on
> KDE can step by and hack a bit if he feel like, not possible if it's
> hosted somewhere else. )
>
> But I'm not the best one to answer this. Anyone here - a Umbrello
> admin, Riddell maybe, can answer this better.
>
> Tomaz

Hey Tomaz,

It's true that there is an inconvenience factor for those with existing
accounts on the kdesdk group, and while we might lose some interest
there if we migrated to Launchpad as many other projects have, we might
also experience a net gain as the project is exposed to a more broad and
non-kde centric software libre community. Just my two cents.

--
Kip Warner -- Software Engineer
OpenPGP encrypted/signed mail preferred