[Uml-devel] Build Problem

Kip Warner kip at thevertigo.com
Thu May 3 06:23:57 UTC 2012

Hey list,

I have followed the build instructions here for compiling Umbrello from
source:

http://uml.sourceforge.net/install.php

After running the cmake step, I end up with the following errors which I
do not understand. I don't have enough experience with cmake to
decipher.

~/Projects/Others/kdesdk/build$ cmake
-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/home/kip/.local -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=debugfull ../
-- Found Qt-Version 4.8.1 (using /usr/bin/qmake)
-- Found X11: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libX11.so
-- Found KDE 4.8 include dir: /usr/include
-- Found KDE 4.8 library dir: /usr/lib
-- Found the KDE4 kconfig_compiler
preprocessor: /usr/bin/kconfig_compiler
-- Found automoc4: /usr/bin/automoc4
-- remember to port kspy to Qt4's metaobjects
-- remember to port kunittest
-- remember to port scheck (check style)
--

-- SVN used: /home/kip/Projects/Others/kdesdk/umbrello/umbrello/.svn.
CMake Warning (dev)

  Policy CMP0017 is not set: Prefer files from the CMake module
directory
  when including from there.  Run "cmake --help-policy CMP0017" for
policy
  details.  Use the cmake_policy command to set the policy and suppress
this
  warning.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  /usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindSubversion.cmake:125 (INCLUDE)
  umbrello/umbrello/CMakeLists.txt:13 (find_package)
This warning is for project developers.  Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.

-- SVN Revision: 1292613
CMake Error at doc/CMakeLists.txt:28 (add_subdirectory):
  add_subdirectory given source "scripts" which is not an existing
directory.

-- The following external packages were located on your system.
-- This installation will have the extra features provided by these
packages.
   * LibXSLT - A library to transform XMLfiles into other XML files
   * LibXML2 - Libraries used to develop XML applications
   * boost - Boost C++ Libraries
   * HUNSPELL - Library used for stemming
   * QCA2 - Qt Cryptographic Architecture
   * KDE-Base/LibKonq - Provides high-level file management functions.

-- Congratulations! All external packages have been found.

In case it helps, I am running Ubuntu Precise (amd64).

--
Kip Warner -- Software Engineer
OpenPGP encrypted/signed mail preferred