[Uml-devel] Diagram exporting with wrong bounding rectangle

Kip Warner kip at thevertigo.com
Sun Jul 3 19:05:22 UTC 2011

On Sun, 2011-07-03 at 11:30 +0200, Andi Fischer wrote:
> Hey Kip,
>
> What exactly are you doing? Do you export your diagram as a picture? In
> what format - svg, png?
>
> I did a test with exporting to png and the picture has just the size of
> the diagram elements.
> When I export to svg, then there is a larger margin at the bottom and on
> the right.
>
> Therefore I suspect the code that generates the svg picture.
>
> Regards,
>
> Andi

Hey Andi,

I think you are right. I just tested with png and they came out
perfectly fitted. So yes, the code must be somewhere where the svg
pictures are generated. Maybe somewhere where the bounding rectangle is
calculated? Or perhaps the bounding rectangle is calculated properly
initially, but then scaled uniformly to be a little bigger.

--
Kip Warner -- Software Engineer
OpenPGP encrypted/signed mail preferred