[Uml-devel] Organizing files into directories

Gopala Krishna krishna.ggk at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 17:54:39 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 2:44 PM, Ralf Habacker <ralf.habacker at freenet.de> wrote:
> Ralf Habacker schrieb:
>>
>> Gopala Krishna schrieb:
>>

> Any news in this area ?   I have a partial move - *widget.[hc]*  and
> *controller.[hc]* file into relating directory widgets rsp. controller - I
> would check this in if noone objects

I have not done it. Nice that you are trying to get this move done. I
as before, accept this move.

> BTW: what about the ...list classes
>
> $ ls *list.h
> associationwidgetlist.h      umlentityattributelist.h   umlpackagelist.h
> codeaccessormethodlist.h     umlentityconstraintlist.h  umlstereotypelist.h
> messagewidgetlist.h          umlentitylist.h            umltemplatelist.h
> umlassociationlist.h         umlenumliterallist.h       umlviewlist.h
> umlattributelist.h           umllistviewitemlist.h      umlwidgetlist.h
> umlclassifierlist.h          umlobjectlist.h
> umlclassifierlistitemlist.h  umloperationlist.h

> $ ls *list.cpp
> umlattributelist.cpp           umlentityattributelist.cpp
> umlobjectlist.cpp
> umlclassifierlistitemlist.cpp  umlentityconstraintlist.cpp
>
> should they remain in umbrello/umbrello or should they be also moved into a
> separate list subdirectory or somewhere else ?

I feel so many files,  which are just created to hold typedefs adds to
the clutter.
Would it be a good idea to move all these classes into a single file
like "lists.h" ?

If so, I won't mind taking up this job (and yeah i will certainly do
it if asked to, unlike the job this mail talks about ;) )
And yeah, they should reside in models or widgets directory depending
upon the object it holds, IMHO.

--
Cheers,
Gopala Krishna A