[Uml-devel] Fwd: Re: umbrello compilation errors in RC1]

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Thu Jan 22 10:40:15 UTC 2009

----- Forwarded message from Bernd Brandstetter <bbrand at freenet.de> -----

From: Bernd Brandstetter <bbrand at freenet.de>
To: kde-devel at kde.org
Subject: Re: umbrello compilation errors in RC1
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 11:27:41 +0100

On Tuesday 20 January 2009, Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 06:08:31PM -0500, Orville Bennett wrote:
> > I got this while compiling umbrello under kdesdk for the mac. the kuml
> > list doesn't look like it's been active since 2002-ish so I'm hoping
> > someone here can forward this to the pertinent people. Sorry for the
> > noise. CC Me please.
>
> What version of boost are you using?  This is probably
> http://bugs.kde.org/177755
>
> Try the svn version and let us know if that helps.
>
> Jonathan

Maybe the patch associated with the above bug entry solves the compilation
problem but changing a comparison from >= to == is a bit suspect to me.
Will this really work in all cases?

After all, gcc complains about 'boost::STATIC_ASSERTION_FAILURE<false>' not
being defined. The file preprocessorlexer.h contains the following section
near the beginning:

#ifdef Q_CC_MSVC
// this template isn't available in boost/static_assert.hpp:50
// but msvc needs it (boost 1.37.0)
namespace boost {
  template <> struct STATIC_ASSERTION_FAILURE<false> { enum { value =
0 }; };
}
#endif

Simply removing the #ifdef Q_CC_MSVC in order to always explicitly define
the missing type resolved the problem for me.

Regards,
Bernd