[Uml-devel] xmi differences between umbrello and umbrello-soc

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Wed Aug 12 16:32:02 UTC 2009

Hi

today i tried to compile and run the umbrello-soc branch on windows.
While it looks very nice and the item selecting and resizing works very
good I then tried to load some files from the umbrello trunk version,
which fails in some areas.

To have reproducable environment I created a simple xmi files with
umbrello-trunk and the same with thumbrello-soc (two classes with each
having one method called new_method()) and created a sequence
diagramm with messages from one class to another and vice versa.

Then I loaded the umbrello-soc created file into umbrello-trunk and the
umbrello-trunk created file into umbrello-soc.

umbrello-soc shows no messages in the sequence diagram.

umbrello-trunk shows both messages, but the first message is misplaced
in the diagramm (moved to the left). Moving the first class object in
the sequence diagram adjusts the message position as expected.

Regards
   Ralf