[Uml-devel] Umbrello and KDE4

Rafael Fernández López ereslibre at kde.org
Sat Mar 1 15:50:37 UTC 2008

Hi,

Now that I see more movement on this list, I would like to say two things:

1. We have an annoying bug what makes umbrello look strange under KDE4. Labels
(everywhere, menues, toolbars, dialogs) look cut off, if you change fonts on
systemsettings, and then restart umbrello. Using the default font (rm -rf
~/.kde4) will work, and won't present problems. I have been searching for a
while the root of this problem, but was unable to find it.

2. We should wonder if we have to port Umbrello to QGraphicsView. Using Qt3's
canvas is not good. If someone feels like it, can present even a GSoC for
some student to port the stuff.

Bye,
Rafael Fernández López

GPG Fingerprint: B9F4 4730 43F8 FFDD CC5E BA8E 724E 406E 3F01 D070