[Uml-devel] UML to ANSI-C

Oliver Kellogg okellogg at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Feb 7 22:12:40 UTC 2007

On Wednesday, 7. February 2007 22:20, Laércio Júnior wrote:
> [...]
> 1) Where can I specify standard associations between UML entities and
> generated code(in any language) in Umbrello's code? (in others words, how
> is implemented the binding between UML and generated code.)

Here is the call sequence, e.g. for the CPPWriter:
User selects the Menu "Code -> Generate All Code" ->
  UMLApp::generateAllCode() ->
   SimpleCodeGenerator::writeCodeToFile() :
    For each UMLClassifier c (i.e. class/interface/enum/etc.) in the model {
       CPPWriter::writeClass(c);
    }

All the work is done in the writeClass method that your CWriter
needs to implement (CWriter would inherit from SimpleCodeGenerator
and writeClass() is pure virtual there.)

Good luck.