[Uml-devel] UML to ANSI-C

Laércio Júnior laerciopericles at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 21:20:14 UTC 2007

Hi,
I'm new in Umbrello's development and I'd like to modify Umbrello for give
support to ANSI C code generation.  Before modifying Umbrello, I intend to
create logical mapping from UML to C on the hand, by creating associations
of UML structures for entities in C.  For example, a UML class would have
its own standard  representation in C. I have two questions:
1) Where can I specify standard associations between UML entities and
generated code(in any language) in Umbrello's code? (in others words, how is
implemented the binding between UML and generated code.)
2) I took a look at codegenerator.h and codegenerators/cppwriter.{h,cc}
trying to understand the process of code generation, but the code isn't so
clear. Anyone has a how-to for implementation of new code generators?

Any suggestion is welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Laércio Jr.
Federal University of Amazonas - Brazil