[Uml-devel] umbrello win32 efforts

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Mon Aug 27 07:56:55 UTC 2007

Ralf Habacker schrieb:
<snip>
>>> I found some more null pointer issue (for example when saving files)
>>> but
>>> have no idea how to fix and how much efforts it requires.
>>>

>>   If you could point the areas where you found null pointer issues,
>> it would help.
I imported
http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/kdesupport/kdewin-installer/gui/packagestates.h?view=log,
which results in a null pointer exception below (see '>' marker).
backtrace is appended, see umbrello-import-null-pointer-backtrace-1.txt

bool CPPSourceCodeDocument::addCodeOperation (CodeOperation * op ) {

    if(!op->getParentOperation()->isLifeOperation())
    {
        return methodsBlock->addTextBlock(op);
    } else
 >        return constructorBlock->addTextBlock(op);
}

(i catched the null pointer exception by returning false as shown in the
initial patch)
An additional null pointer exception occurs then in

bool CPPHeaderCodeDocument::addCodeOperation (CodeOperation * op ) {

    Uml::Visibility scope = op->getParentOperation()->getVisibility();
    if(!op->getParentOperation()->isLifeOperation())
    {
        switch (scope) {
        default:
              case Uml::Visibility::Public:
            return pubOperationsBlock->addTextBlock(op);
            break;
              case Uml::Visibility::Protected:
            return protOperationsBlock->addTextBlock(op);
            break;
              case Uml::Visibility::Private:
            return privOperationsBlock->addTextBlock(op);
            break;
        }
    } else {
        switch (scope) {
        default:
              case Uml::Visibility::Public:
 >            return pubConstructorBlock->addTextBlock(op);
            break;
              case Uml::Visibility::Protected:
            return protConstructorBlock->addTextBlock(op);
            break;
              case Uml::Visibility::Private:
            return privConstructorBlock->addTextBlock(op);
            break;
        }
    }
}

For a backtrace see umbrello-import-null-pointer-backtrace-2.txt

Regards
Ralf