[Uml-devel] Interfacing with Umbrello XMI

Holger Kurt Ludwig hludwig at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Nov 16 15:01:44 UTC 2006

Jonathan Riddell wrote:
[...]
> > I'm cc-ing uml-devel since that is a better contact that e-mailing me
> > directly.  This sounds like an interesting tool you are working on, if
> > it works with Umbrello I'm happy to publicise it on our webpage.
> > Beware that XMI is not a very standard format so making your tool work
> > with XMI from one programme will still need a lot of work to get it to
> > understand XMI from another programme.
> >
> > Jonathan

@Jonathan
	thanks for your quick reply  !
@All
Indeed I intend to implement a layering

vendor-specific XMI

| vendor-specific Adapter
cont2wiki XMI - Adapter

<
cont2wiki - core ( XMI <-> XSD ) processing

I'll put this on the cont2wiki project page soon.

In fact I'm right now figuring out how I can transform fragments of
the Umbrello-XMI into the - very simple - XML data structure underneath
the upcoming cont2wiki website.

If this works, I'll be able to visually content-manage the site with
Umbrello packages ( being navigation categories ) and artifacts ( being
the content pages ) and dependencies ( being aliases for the
page-linkage and the navigation tree child-parent relationship).

If anybody is interested in this pls. drop me a line !

Kind regards

Holger