[Uml-devel] Automatic field ordering: script language proposal

Daniel Calviño Sánchez danxuliu at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 12:00:12 UTC 2006

Hi,

I'm developing a new feature for Umbrello called "automatic field
ordering" as part of the Season of KDE 2006. This feature consists of
a simple script language which declares the rules to order the fields
and a graphical user interface to ease its use.

Right now, I'm doing the script language. I've made a little proposal
about it, and I'd like to know if someone has any comment, suggestion
or criticism about it in its current state. The proposal can be seen
here:
http://petra.euitio.uniovi.es/~i1646668/seasonOfKDE/language.html

I was going to attach the proposal in the message, but it was rather
long for a mail and also in webpage format is more readable. Please
keep in mind that it's not a general language, it's only designed for
ordering fields (attributes and methods) in UML objects.

Thanks for your attention and feedback, if any ;)

Regards,
Daniel