[Uml-devel] Umbrello usage issues

Steve G linux_4ever at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 9 06:55:03 UTC 2005

>so that the compiler's optimizer should not collapse multiple reads of that
>memory into a single read (in a loop, say) because the value may have changed
>and needs to be read again.

Exactly. As the software architect, I have to think about such things and put it
into the design. When I generate the code, I want it to be in the class so that
whoever codes the design knows it was already considered and not to mess with it.
I used the "Together" UML tool for a few years. It allows the architect to
specify volatile. It does not show up on the diagrams, but does show up in
property boxes and the generated code.

Thanks,
-Steve Grubb