[Uml-devel] usability suggestions

Oliver Kellogg Oliver.Kellogg at t-online.de
Wed Sep 22 14:07:15 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-09-22 at 09:56, Pekka Jääskeläinen wrote:

> If the architecture is clearly separated to a model (no UI stuff) and
> view/control (Qt stuff), it would be easier to start writing automatic
> unit tests against the model part, thus some bugs could be
> detected automatically when they are introduced in the code base.

Certainly. Off the top of my head:

- Introduce document classes for sequence and state diagram elements
  (UMLMessage, UMLState et al.)
- Remove the #include "umllistview.h" in umldoc.cpp, use signal(s)
  instead
- In general, check all the signals in umbrello and document their
  exact purpose and usage. (My feeling is that some signals/slots
  are misdesigned/misused or obsolete, and some required signals
  are missing)
- Look at Andy's OMF2 implementation
  -  He doesn't use Qt, just the C++ STL classes (std::string etc.)
     What shall we do? Change Umbrello or change the OMF?
  -  Get an idea of how the umbrello document classes would need to
     change in order to become compatible with the OMF interfaces

Oliver