[Uml-devel] Bugs, bugs, bugs

Piotr Kolaczkowski P.Kolaczkowski at elka.pw.edu.pl
Sun Nov 14 10:19:06 UTC 2004

Hello,

I got Umbrello with KDE 3.3.0 release and there are lots of bugs in it.
It crashed twice when I pressed Ctrl-Z after inserting new node on a line in a
class diagram. It crashed even more, but I actually didn't remember which
operation it was. It seems to me it is a very unstable release.

Instead of adding new features please do test it a little more or use better
memory allocation schemes (I suggest using a garbage collector - memory
problems are somehow too common for Umbrello). Thanks for the "autosave"
feature. It really helps.

Some other bugs found in just few minutes:
1. Moving more than one item at a time spoils layout of a diagram.
2. Exporting to png draws a black rectangle on the left side of image (it was
ok in previous releases).
3. Using a "snap to grid" option still causes association descriptions to
behave strangely when moving objects.

And one wish:
- It would be good if one could fill attributes and operations of classes in a
more pleasant way like e.g. in Rational Rose - by typing declarations with
all parameters. Clicking a button to enter/modify each argument of a method
or pressing a mouse button to fill an attribute type requires much more time
than writing a complete declaration in C/C++/PASCAL or any pseudo-programming
language.

This time I can't help due to my permanent lack of time. :((((

Best regards
Piotr Kołaczkowski