[Uml-devel] Exceptions

Oliver Kellogg Oliver.Kellogg at t-online.de
Sat May 15 09:55:02 UTC 2004

On Thursday, May 13, 2004 11:04 AM, Tanuj <tagrawal at hss.hns.com> wrote:

> I would like to know how can I represent the exceptions thrown by the
> operations of a class in Umbrello.

Neither code generation nor C++ class import support that yet.
I want to take the opportunity to cordially invite any contributions of
patches/extensions to Umbrello in this area.

However, if it's just for modeling purposes, you could use a class with a
stereotype <<exception>> to describe the exception to throw.

BTW, in the course of my work on http://bugs.kde.org/81301, I will be
adding support for <<CORBAException>> to the IDL code generator
(see 3.5.17 of the UML Profile for CORBA Specification,
http://www.omg.org/technology/documents/formal/profile_corba.htm)

HTH

Oliver