[Uml-devel] Umbrello

Frederic Mantegazza mantegazza at ill.fr
Thu May 13 05:07:05 UTC 2004

Hello,

I'm working in a french research institue, and I develop software (mainly in
python) for driving big instruments.

I started to use umbrello, as it is now a really powerfull alternative to
other UML editors (free and commercial), such ArgoUML or Visual Paradigm
(my prefered).

There still are some little bugs, and umbrello sometimes crashes. As it does
not often happend, it is not a big problem for me, but it is a big problem
for you, because it is very difficult to reproduce the context of the crash
to make a usefull bug report.

I have a question: if I make a class (abstract or not), and then generalized
this class to another one, I can't see attributes or operations inherited
ib this new class. Could it be possible to make a entry in the 'Properties'
dialog to see them ? Like 'Inherited Attributes' and 'Inherited
Operations'...

These inherited operations are also missing in the 'Select Operation' dialog
in a sequence diagram; I have to enter a new operation instead of selecting
one in the 'Class Operation' radio button list entry.

I don't know if such features are planed, but I think they could be very
usefull for every one.

Anyway, thank you for providing such a great tool, and good luck for the
developpement.

--
   Frederic MANTEGAZZA           CEA-Grenoble
   Tel:  (33) 476 207 617        DRFMC/SPSMS/MDN