[Uml-devel] Request: Option to deactivate Undo

Achim Spangler Achim.Spangler at mnet-online.de
Fri May 14 10:00:01 UTC 2004

Hi,
the UNDO function of umbrello ( latest CVS ) killed my project file.

Event chain:
+ UNDO memory space consumed nearly all swap RAM
     ( and I have a lot ... )
+ kernel started to kill probably misbehaving apps - with umbrello
    as part of this group
+ as umbrello was probably in process of saving, the result was
    a "0 Byte Size" file with the name of my project file

So please make an option, where the user can deactivate the UNDO function, so
that the RAM is not consumed to much, if a lot of diagram changes are
performed.
Maybe it could also be interesting to set a limit for UNDO-Memory usage
-> kill old UNDO steps, if RAM limit is reached

Bye,
Achim