[Uml-devel] Fix bug during load of document

Achim Spangler Achim.Spangler at mnet-online.de
Fri Mar 26 06:46:06 UTC 2004

Hi,
the changes of Oliver at "2004-03-23 05:05" in the method
UMLDoc::deleteContents() caused severe problems during load of my project
file. The memory usage exploded and the load never reached final state.
( It's a big project ).

I found the reason:
There are several functions in umldoc.cpp , where the attribute m_bLoading is
temperarely set to true for some actions.

The bug is, that the previous value of m_bLoading is _not_ restored - the
value is simply set to FALSE.

As the previous version of UMLDoc::openDocument() sets "m_bLoading = true;"
_before_ the call of deleteContents(); , the opening process of the document
is running with the _wrong_ attribute setting ( m_bLoading == false during
load of document ).

The attached diff, changes the following:
+ the original value of m_bLoading is saved before
   each temporarely change, so that the original value
   is restored ( and not simply set to false )
+  "m_bLoading = true;" is moved in UMLDoc::openDocument() after
   the call of deleteContents()

The diff is created with parameters "diff -u -d -r1" -> please tell me the
preferred setting, if my usage of diff is not optimal.

Bye,
Achim