[Uml-devel] Forward: umbrello splash screen and icon

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Mon Jun 14 17:04:35 UTC 2004

On Mon, Jun 14, 2004 at 12:30:38PM -0700, danny allen wrote:
> That's good, I mean, I know this is open source and
> all, but was the "made with GNU blablabla" was a bit
> too much! :)

One of Umbrello's key advantages over the competition is that it's
Free Software so it's good to remind people of that.

I've commited your new splash screen (grey version), thanks very much.

> I think simplicity is the key here.
>
> Its ok about the icon - i made it really quickly as
> the other one is really blurry.
>
> here is another icon that I made, if yo dont mind
> breaking the current theme.

I don't see the current icon as blurry, it looks sharp to me.  We've
just had a new set of icons so we're good for that.

Although we do need 22x22 folder icons and the Home icon which KDE
lacks, the current folder and home icons in the list view are blurry.

And if you're an artistic type kde-artists can always use with filling
in some of the gaps (see bugs.kde.org).