[Uml-devel] Avoid adjustAssoc warning on load of enum widget

Achim Spangler Achim.Spangler at mnet-online.de
Wed Jul 28 02:17:08 UTC 2004

Hi,
the load of EnumWidget caused unneeded adjustAssoc warnings. This was caused
by the one and only constructor of EnumWidget which set always (!!) the size
and triggered then the update, which then called adjust Assoc...

No I simply inserted a check in the constructor, so that the size setting is
only performed _without_ running load - i.e. on creation of really new
instance.

##
The other change is simply switching off ( comment out ) the warning line for
each hide/show event in umlview.cpp

##
I tried to trace and fix the erroneous warning for creation of uni-association
for directed associations between use case diagram elements. They are drawn
with the correct arrow head at the correct end.
But the XMI file has the navigable attribute set to "true" for the B-Role ->
this causes the warning - as UMLRole::load checks for this.

The warned associations are created with the current CVS.

I assume, that the logic to detect the association type in the DOC level is
not handling the UMLObject types of Actor and UseCase.

--
Another irritating warning is triggered in UMLPackage::addObject() during
load! So there is _no_ try by the user to create a doubled object. There is

I created locally some backtrace debug messages:

umbrello: UMLPackage::addObject: ErrorLogEntry_c with BaseType: 107 is already
there
with Backtrace: [
0: /usr/lib/libkdecore.so.4(_Z11kdBacktracei+0x45) [0x407940a5]
1: /usr/lib/libkdecore.so.4(_Z11kdBacktracev+0x2b) [0x4079442b]
2: umbrello(_ZN10UMLPackage9addObjectEPK9UMLObject+0x72) [0x814e972]
3: umbrello(_ZN11UMLListView17slotObjectCreatedEP9UMLObject+0xb6) [0x817d336]
4: umbrello(_ZN11UMLListView9qt_invokeEiP8QUObject+0x93) [0x8185e53]
5: /usr/lib/libqt-mt.so.3
(_ZN7QObject15activate_signalEP15QConnectionListP8QUObject+0x14c)
[0x40bed10c]
6: umbrello(_ZN6UMLDoc16sigObjectCreatedEP9UMLObject+0x8b) [0x817aa6b]
7: umbrello(_ZN6UMLDoc22signalUMLObjectCreatedEP9UMLObject+0x1b) [0x81718bb]
8: umbrello(_ZN9UMLObject11loadFromXMIER11QDomElementb+0xc69) [0x818c719]

==>>
Either UMLListView::slotObjectCreated, UMLListView::addObject should handle
the loading case better, or the event for slotObjectCreated shouldn't be
triggered at all - I don't know.

Bye,
Achim