[Uml-devel] Real Fix of UMLWidget::adjustAssocs() and Repair of MessageWidget load

Sebastian Stein seb_stein at gmx.de
Thu Jul 22 07:41:06 UTC 2004

Achim Spangler <Achim.Spangler at mnet-online.de> [040722 14:52]:
> Am Mittwoch, 21. Juli 2004 17:16 schrieb Sebastian Stein:
> > Achim Spangler <Achim.Spangler at mnet-online.de> [040721 17:08]:
> >
> > I applied your patch.
> >
> > > Hmmh - I think we need some way of automatic test suites, so that it gets
> > > easier to avoid such bugs.
> >
> > Yes of course, but nobody had the time to add such things. I tried a little
> > bit the boost test lib (see kdeedu/kbruch/testcases), but it is a huge
> > task.

And I forgot to mention, I also wrote a short introduction how to use Boost
Test. As example I used my KBruch testcases. You can find the document
under:

http://www.hpfsc.de/boosttest/

> But then we should create some guidelines and test project files, which
> should be manually checked, before a patch is applied.

I think that are 2 different thinks: automated testcases and guidelines.

> It could be also a help to create a doxygen doc with daily snaphots from CVS
> which are then placed in the developer group of the umbrello website.

There is a problem. It would mean having some kind of server, which gets
every day the current CVS version and builds the doxygen files and put it
online. I don't have such a server and I think sf.net doesn't provide
doxygen. But I will check this.

> Maybe we should also try to establish some patch guidelines like:
> + as small as possible

That's true, but at the moment I think the CVS commits are ok. It is
important to keep in mind to just patch a bug/feature at one time and not
patch several things with one commit.

> + explicit description of the intended change
>    --> indicator for other developers to check this and related features
>         immediately after the commit

Ok, I think this is already done as well.

> + list changed functions - and how they depend on each other
>    --> if somebody has already worked with a function very often, so that
>          he knows some possible problems, then his warning bells can ring
>          so that he can have a look at the changes

Yes, this would be fine. I will try that in the future.

Sebastian