[Uml-devel] problem with font property setting

Achim Spangler Achim.Spangler at mnet-online.de
Wed Jul 7 08:47:03 UTC 2004

Hi,
the current CVS seems to have some problems with the font property dialog and
general handling ( the global UI font settings - not the diagram specific ).

a) in the dialog the list entries and the spin up/down buttons for the size
    are _not_ in sync ( slection one item in list doesn't cause the spinbutton
    view to sync )

b) if I leave the dialog with OK, and restart the dialog, the new settings
    are _not_ used any more

c) the font setting of the file .kde/share/config/umbrellorc is _not_ used
    ( I changed it manually )

I'm not shure if this depends on my lastly change to Knoppix/Debian.
I updated the kdelibs4 to 3.2.3 ( unstable series ) and the Qt3 to 3.3 ( was
forced by the central .configure of kdesdk ).
--> Maybe the problem is caused by some library incompatibilities
 ( I didn't update the kdebase and other packages to 3.2.3, as
   I had several bad problems with them - taskbar freezed and
   focus to text input fields didn't work _sometimes_ - both
   problems occured after some unpredictable time )
( I performed make clean ; make -f Makefile.cvs; ./configure
  -> there should be no old parts of my previous Mandrake
      install in teh workingcopy )

So - can somebody else please check, if current CVS has still correct font
selection handling.
Or can somebody give me some hints on selecting KDE packages to get a workinbg
Debian install ( where I can compiler currenct kdesdk CVS ).

Bye,
Achim