[Uml-devel] Associations broken, minor rant about development

Sebastian Stein seb_stein at gmx.de
Sat Jan 31 02:11:46 UTC 2004

Brian Thomas <thomas at mail630.gsfc.nasa.gov> [040130 22:31]:
> 	<rant>
>
> 	In my opinion, the latest changes to the association code, made just
> 	before KDE 3.2 release were *very* ill-considered and have introduced
> 	some fundemental bugs to the umbrello code base. I include here the
> 	changing the direction of the aggregation/composition "fix", the XMI
> 	file changes to conform to the UML spec, and the fix to the copy/paste
> 	of associations amoungst other things.
>
> 	Why where these changes allowed in so late in the development cycle?

You are absolutely right. But nobody stood up to stop or revert it. So we
have to learn for the next release to force more quality.

Umbrello UML Modeller
Description     : UML diagram drawing tool for KDE with code generation
Homepage        : http://www.umbrello.org/
Bug Reports     : http://bugs.kde.org/
CVS             : kdesdk/umbrello on cvs.kde.org:/home/kde