[Uml-devel] Thoughts on Umbrello 1.3

BARTKO, Zoltan bartko.zoltan at pobox.sk
Thu Jan 22 19:38:47 UTC 2004

I see some eXtreme programming ideas emerging here... Excuse me, but I don't
see why the use of eXtreme programming principles should cause a problem
with the design. As far as I know, the above methodology states you first
plan the whole thing and then implement it in small steps, refactoring the
things that don't work or are not feasible.

(note: for those, who are unfamiliar with the above ideas, have a look at
www.extremeprogramming.org)

I have a suggestion: If we choose to do things the eXtreme programming way,
we could set up Xplanner on the site to manage the project
(www.xplanner.org).

Anyway, improvement of the old codease is a necessity alongside the new
development. There were some modifications proposed already, so what stops
us from implementing them.

Feel free to react to my ideas.

Cheers

Zoltan

PS: a thing that would not really work in practice is pair programming.
However, IRC and voice transmission protocols could be help for this too...
but that's thinking too far ahead.