[Uml-devel] one week until CVS is frozen

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Sun Jan 4 15:14:43 UTC 2004

On Sun, Jan 04, 2004 at 06:06:00PM +0100, Sebastian Stein wrote:
> Jonathan Riddell <jr at jriddell.org> [040104 17:39]:
> > CVS is frozen for release on Sunday January 11th, 2004.
> >
> > After that "The HEAD branch is only open for show stopper bug fixes".
> > Which I take to mean crashes.
>
> What is going on after KDE 3.2 is released? Am I right that we than have 2
> branches, one for maintainance 3.2 and one for bleeding edge development?
> How are those branches are called? I think the best thing is to have 2
> copies of CVS on my harddisk, right?

Yes, the code will be forked.  I'm not sure of the exact date but it
should be obvious when it happens.

You should keep two copied, one just checked out in the normal way and
one checked out as

cvs co -t KDE_3_2_BRANCH kdesdk

any bugfixes should go into the branch and normal version but anything
at all new should only go into the normal version.

You can do clever things with the -j tag to merge changes made in
other branches.