[Uml-devel] Re: [Uml-user] version problem

christian haristouy christian.haristouy at eikonex.net
Wed Feb 11 08:24:15 UTC 2004

Jonathan Riddell wrote:

>On Tue, Feb 10, 2004 at 12:18:17PM +0000, christian haristouy wrote:
>

>>Sebastian Stein wrote:
>>

>>>christian haristouy <christian.haristouy at eikonex.net> [040209 17:58]:

>>>With the latest commit by Brian Thomas this error message also disappears.
>>>The only problem left is, that it still needs very long to close Umbrello.
>>>
>>>Steinchen
>>>

>>I'm going to get the last commit on umbrello's server. But with my
>>current version, I haven't noticed that closing umbrello is so long. But
>>1.1.1 works faster than 1.2 on my computer.
>>I have just a little question : when I have an op?ration in a class, I
>>can't modify it. For example, when I have created an op?ration named
>>void toto();  on the class Tutu,
>>I can't change this function by this for example : void toto( int i) on
>>the class Tutu.
>>So, I must delete the old function, and create the new. Is it normal?
>>

>The file http://www.reponses.net/conception_appli2.xmi loads fine now
>in the CVS versions.

Could you tell me what files I need to compile Umbrello ( and if it is
possible just Umbrello)?
My platform is Linux Mandrake 9.1 , I have KDE 3.1, and I got, compiled
and installed Qt 3.3.
But if I launch ./configure (in kdesdk), I got this error message :
    checking if UIC has KDE plugins available... no
    configure: error: you need to install kdelibs first.
Does it mean that my version of KDE is too old?
Does it necessary? Isn't there an other way to get a Makefile just for
Umbrello?

>1.1.1 will be faster than 1.2 probably because of the code generation
>stuff.  Need to look at being able to turn that off for those who
>don't want it and also at keeping the undo stack at a sensible size
>(any ideas anyone on how to measure the memory use of the undo stack)?
>
>Is there any chance of donating a screenshot for
>http://uml.sourceforge.net/screen.php ?

If you need a screenshot from my file, you could do it and add to your
web page. No problem for me.

>Thanks
>
>Jonathan Riddell

Thank you very much for your help, and sorry for my newbie questions
Chris