[Uml-devel] Re: Please review this patch for 3.2!

Sebastian Stein seb_stein at gmx.de
Sun Feb 8 23:13:16 UTC 2004

Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org> [040209 07:59]:
> On February 08, 2004 02:03, Sebastian Stein wrote:
> > attached is patch for KDE_3_2 kdesdk/umbrello. It fixes bug #73926, which
>
> > Am I allowed to commit this patch to 3_2 even with i18n() changes? Please
> > cc me, I'm not subscribed to this list.
>
> i'll let the Umbrello people speak to the correctness of the patch itself, but
> 3.2 is frozen for new strings. unless the bug is exceptionally grave, strings
> must remain exactly as they are in _BRANCH. looking at the patch, it doesn't
> seem that this bug is exceptionally grave.

It is. At the moment you can not add an operation to a class. This is
completely broken. This is a major problem, because classes are the objects
mostly used in a UML modeller.

As I said we can do it without the KMessageBox, but in this case people will
be confused why they are not allowed to add some operations.

The patch itself was done by 2 Umbrello developers (Oliver Kellogg and me)
and was reviewed by Jonathan Riddell. I hope one more developer will have a
look at it today, but we will see...

Umbrello UML Modeller
Description     : UML diagram drawing tool for KDE with code generation
Homepage        : http://www.umbrello.org/
Bug Reports     : http://bugs.kde.org/
CVS             : kdesdk/umbrello on cvs.kde.org:/home/kde