[Uml-devel] What is IDChangeLog?

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Sat Aug 28 12:30:02 UTC 2004

On Fri, Aug 27, 2004 at 01:12:20PM +0200, Oliver Kellogg wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-08-27 at 12:52, Sebastian Stein wrote:
> > [...]
> > > However, it brings up the question: What is the IDChangeLog ?
> >
> > Where have you found it?
>
> kdesdk/umbrello/umbrello/clipboard/idchangelog.{h,cpp}
>
> > The only problem with a string based ID is, that it is more complex to
> > generate a unique one.
>
> Yes. As a first step, I would leave the UMLDoc::m_uniqueID logic
> untouched - only that getUniqueID() returns the stringified number.
> This of course plays on the assumption that foreign XMI files
> don't use plain numbers for their xmi.id's the way Umbrello does.

I think it's because during a paste you may create a new object and a
new widget.  The new object is created with a new ID, then when the
new widget is made it needs to know the new ID of its associated
object, which of course is different from the ID of the object is was
associated with before

I think.  Maybe.

Jonathan