[Uml-devel] Umbrello icon proposal

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Sun Apr 25 15:58:00 UTC 2004

On Sun, Apr 25, 2004 at 01:25:25PM +0200, BARTKO, Zoltan wrote:

>    About a year ago I mentioned I would volunteer to make a new set of
>    icons for umbrello. It seems, I need some time get things done, but I
>    have something for you in this matter. Have a look at

I'm impressed these could be really good.  Some points:

We need icons for diagram types as well, I recommend a white filled
box with a thin black border and a relvant item or two from the digram
type.

These are SVGs yes?  So we'll get the SVG sources and all that?
(Licence has to be LGPL with an exception with add-on as in
kdelibs/pics/LICENSE.crystalsvg)

Words should be avoided for icons so I think "Text" can be replaced
with "ABC" or something suitable".

How do they look at 22x22, that being the important size for most of
them?

All the associations should be in the same direction currently you
have some on the diagonal and some vertical.  Mind also that
composition, aggregation and containment have their diamond/circles at
the other end from the arrowed associations.

Don't know how well the arrow icon works since it doesn't look like a
typical mouse pointer.

Icons for the properties dialogues on classes and other items would be
groovy.

They do look very nice though.

Jonathan

300 unanswered e-mails to go.