[Uml-devel] Re: Uml-devel digest, Vol 1 #696 - 12 msgs

Harald Wallus wallus at results-hannover.de
Tue Nov 11 00:48:13 UTC 2003

Brian Thomas wrote:

>On Monday 10 November 2003 07:26 am, Harald wrote:
>

>>High,
>>
>>For java code generation:
>>An Interface has no body, umbrello creates one.
>>
>>The java code generator creates for each private variable an set* and
>>get* class.
>>For the first view is that a nice feature, but on real work it disturbs.
>>
>>Perhaps and Icon allows popup, which can create such classes for private
>>variables on demand?
>>

>	Hi Harald,
>
>	I work on the code generation right now. Im a little confused by your mail,
>	can you describe your wish for improvement more fully? I agree that there
>	is more work to be done on the code generation (besides just Java). Right
>	now the pressure is on to "stabilize" the C++ and Java. If you see any
>	big bugs, please report them soon! I want to fix this up in the next 2 weeks.

Hi Brian,

yes I can. My wish list:

implements does not work properly: When I design an interface and a
realisation, first I get one
   public String function implements functionconcept () {
but later ,  I can't say exactly when it happens (perhaps when I use the
code viewer),  the implements not appears on code generation.

Keyword extends works.
Jonathan Riddel tells:
Add a class to a diagram and put an Implements association between them.

I missed import. Someone (I don't find that email again) means: UML have
no support for import, but to use a stereotype will be possible.
But this is for later version.

It will be fine to have header-files for each *.java-file. At the
moment  only header.java is allowed. So I added special things like a
comment.
This wish to have additional possibilities results from the task to
include some special things like to integrate ozone database. But it
will be possible to do these specials  not directly with umbrello.

One bug I reported was, Java interfaces have no body, but umbrello
generates one.
So the interface should only contain the signatures of the operations?
Something like that:
   abstract public interface Neue_schnittstelle {
    public void neue_operation ( );
   }
Sebastian Stein has make an bug report.

Oh, I beleave that was all. It isn't much. We just starts up with MDA
and at the moment we are training level.
Now I become worm with umbrello. I think we can publish some  (very)
simple example created with umbrello next week.

Greeting
Harald