[Fwd: Re: [Uml-devel] Bugs (wishes?)]

Harald Wallus wallus at results-hannover.de
Wed Nov 5 05:14:22 UTC 2003

On Wed, Nov 05, 2003 at 01:19:30PM +0100, Harald Wallus wrote:
>> just I have tried the tar-ball from the fifth of Nov. on SuSE9.0 with
>> KDE3.1.

> Interesting that it's not just the old 1.1.1 release.  Do you know
> what the date or version number on it is?

I use the tar-ball from today (1.2-beta, 10/5/03).

>> The problem which I have:
>> I can't set the package of a class. The package line in the properties
>> of a class is grey and I can't write into.

> With a bit of luck you should be able to drag classes into packages on
> the list view, the same as you can with folders.

This is that what I tried, but it didn't won't. Today I have no luck :(((

>> So I try to create a package from Menu. A new package icon appears on
>> the UML-Sheet and in the left-Window-Tree. But I can only add one class
>> to a package (drag and drop).

>Drag and drop does seem a bit tempremental.  Something to be looked in to.

But it's nice.

>> wishes:
>> I need comments to each method. Umbrello only allows comments to classes
>> and attributes.

>You should be able to add comments to operations the same as you can
>to attributes.

Oh yes, it works. I didn't realize it

>> It will be nice to add Superclasses (extends).

> Add a class to a diagram and put an Implements association between them.

I think, I will get an "implements" but not an "extends".
I will try.

>> And to add some code for classes in Umbrello direct (at this time I make
>> comments which can be easy inlined in the source after creation.

> Well with the groovy new code generation stuff you should be able to
> just right click on a class and edit it with View Code.

I recognize this new feature, but I thought, it was for viewing only. Very nice.

>> If I implement a interface into a class it will be nice to select the
>> methods from the interface to the implemented class.

>Maybe we need an "Add operations from super-classes" action.

You set milestones in modelling software:)))

Best wishes
Harald