[Uml-devel] u2 update

Andrew Sutton ansutton at kent.edu
Mon Mar 24 07:48:39 UTC 2003

On Monday 24 March 2003 9:37 am, Jens Krüger wrote:
> Hi Andy,
>
> I'm a little bit surprised about the features of u2 you are using. I'm
> missing a lot of the features you described in your mails. Could you have a
> look at your code and compare it against the CVS? It seems there are some
> informations or files missing.

my code is what's in CVS... the only thing i haven't done is distribute a
generic configuration file and that's because configuration stuff is probably
going to change soon. in order to enable all the plugins do the following

$ make
$ su
# make install
# vi $KDEDIR/share/config/umbrello2rc

copy the following lines into that file
[Startup Actions]
Load=libu2_xmi,libu2_model,libu2_uml
LoadGUI=libu2_metamodeltree

# exit
$ umbrello2

that should work

> With this menu entries I could not find the entry view. I look in some code
> fragments but I never saw a possibility to enter this point.

the view menu is created by the Umbrello::Gui class. the MetamodelTree::Plugin
class makes a request to Umbrello::Gui::viewMenu() in order to add the
Metamodel popup menu. because the Umbrello::Gui::viewMenu does not exist it
is created so the plugin can add to it.

> I would like to help you to create a useful UI but I think you should make
> a first proposal, because you are the most involved people at this time.

yeah... i know. i need to give it some thought. alot of the UI is going to
revolve around research that i'm doing this week, but i'll give the general
direction in a new email that i'm going to post right after this.

andy