[Uml-devel] u2 update

Andrew Sutton ansutton at kent.edu
Mon Mar 24 06:25:26 UTC 2003

On Monday 24 March 2003 9:14 am, Sebastian Stein wrote:
> Andrew Sutton <ansutton at kent.edu> [030324 15:01]:
> > i didn't really know what else to work on yesterday, so i wrote the code
> > that i suggested - a nice plugin that throws up a window (alright... a
> > dialog) that has the contents of a metamodel. actually, it's pretty nice.
> > no matter how many metamodels eventually get plugged into the system,
> > this should never have to be rewritten. it also adds to the menu. you can
> > find it by going to "View | Metamodel" and then selecting one of the
> > libraries.
>
> Maybe I'm missing something, but I can't see the View menu in the menubar.
> I compiled the latest CVS and made a make install. I also added the lines:
>
> [Startup Actions]
> load=libu2_xmi,libu2_model,libu2_uml

yeah. i forgot. you need it to be this:

[Startup Actions]
Load=libu2_xmi,libu2_model,libu2_uml
LoadGUI=libu2_metamodeltree

the loadGUI instructs the Umbrello::Application to load the visual component
that adds the view menu and the like.

at some point i'm going to be changing the configuration stuff to be more
category based - and probably some other protocol changes as well. there's
some good reasons for doing it this way.

andy