[Uml-devel] Unable to open file

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Fri Mar 14 05:52:09 UTC 2003

On 13 Mar 2003, Stephen Torri wrote:

> I have a file that was created a few weeks back. Now when I attempt to
> open it with CVS version of umbrello it tells me that there was an error
>
> umbrello: WARNING: Trying to create an unknown widget
> umbrello: WARNING: KDE detected X Error: BadMatch (invalid parameter
> attributes) \x08
>   Major opcode:  *

Please e-mail me the file (or, better, put it on a webserver somewhere) if
possible and I'll investigate it.

> Is there a way for me to turn on more descriptive debugging or is this
> it?

Unfortunatly not.  The loadFromXMI() methods just return true or false for
success or failure.  They should really return a QString with a helpful
error message on failure, or at least print a kdWarning() line.

4/4 Geddes Court    |  jr at jriddell.org
Stirling University |  http://www.jriddell.org
FK9 4LR, Scotland   |  07941 938912
 Umbrello UML Modeller: http://uml.sf.net