[Uml-devel] UI for new code generator

Luis De la Parra Blum lparrab at gmx.net
Wed Mar 12 11:36:05 UTC 2003

> Sounds great.  Not quite sure how the programming interface for that would
> be, if each code generator would have to define a widget with the
> checkboxes and lineedits to be used or if some clever extendable interface
> would be possible saying I want this option and it should use a lineedit.

Dont ask me any details about it, but I know Qt can load Designer files (ui)
at run time and generate forms (widgets) out of them. These forms are of
course not compiled and therefore *the widgets themselves* cannot have any
intelligence... but, there seems to be a way of binding these "dumb" widgets
with a "controller" that can process the information.

with that and the QT Properties we should be able (at least in theory) to
implement that.

luis