[Uml-devel] Re: u2 plugins

Brian Thomas thomas at mail630.gsfc.nasa.gov
Tue Mar 11 11:05:03 UTC 2003

> andy wrote:
>
> you could get it from cvs, but if you don't feel like checking it out, here's
>  the viewcvs url:
>
> http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/uml/umbrello2/doc/design/plugin.html
>
> read it over, let me know what you think. i'd like to hear from somebody who's
>  more familiar with KDE's internals than i am (particularly on the subject of
>  KLibrary and KConfig and stuff).

	In so far as I understand it, your design looks fine. I have only one minor quibble:

	I think you should drop the "U" from the name of the umbrello classes. They should
	just be "application", "configurable", "plugin" and "tool". You can always supply
	the "umbrello" package name to the class in order to distinguish it properly (e.g.
	"umbrello::application".

							-b.t.

--

"sic transit discus mundi"
(From the System Administrator's Guide, by Lars Wirzenius)