[Uml-devel] Re: Umbrello Code generator

Sebastian Stein seb_stein at gmx.de
Sun Jun 15 01:35:14 UTC 2003

Jonathan Riddell <jr at jriddell.org> [030615 10:18]:
> On Sat, Jun 14, 2003 at 06:39:17PM +0200, Toni Mueller wrote:
>
> > today I stumbled across Umbrello which looks very nice at first
> > glance. That notwithstanding, generating code for PHP but not Perl
> > nor Python is a bug ;-)

With KDE 3.2 a new version of Umbrello will be released. This version will
have more code generators, I think you will find:

ActionScript
Ada
Cpp
IDL
Java
JavaScript
Perl
PHP
Python
SQL
XMLSchema
C# (if I have the time to finish it)

> > On your project page you mention a version 2.x tree, but the Debian
> > package I fetched was 1.1.1. Also on your web page you mention that
> > the file format has undergone significant changes, and that code
> > generation is currently under discussion (at least 2 methods are
> > mentioned).

Version 2.x is a complete rewrite. The core idea about 2.x is to have a
central model reposority which holds model data. Every action on this
reposority is done by special plugins. So the app will be very dynamic. You
can find the current code in CVS. Please see sf.net/projects/uml/.

Umbrello UML Modeller
Description     : UML diagram drawing tool for KDE with code generation
Homepage        : http://www.umbrello.org/