[Uml-devel] cvs version

Stephen Torri storri at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 21 23:21:30 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-07-22 at 00:07, Alessandro Binhara wrote:
> I get 2 version ..
>
> a cvs version .. the cvs works now..
> but i cant find a configure script..

If you grabbed the CVS copy. You must do the following:

cd kdesdk
make -f Makefile.cvs
./configure <your options here>

> then i get
> There is a nightly tarball of umbrello2 straight from CVS.
>
> what a diference if a get a cvs version and this
> tarball (nightly tarball of umbrello2)  ?

CVS version is the raw snapshot at that moment in time. The nightly
tarball is just that, a copy made at night to provide a file for
those that don't want to mess with CVS directly.

> Now, i open nightly tarball of umbrello2 and
> run ./configure and make.. and a see the same version
>
> the  nightly tarball of umbrello2 is a umbrelo 1.1.1 ???

See the instructions above on how to build. I believe the CVS repository
is the umbrello2 if you got it from the CVS repository using:

cvs co umbrello2.

Otherwise if you do 'cvs co umbrello' you are getting the next stable
version of umbrello. Umbrello2 is a complete redesign in my
understanding.

See http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=24919 for more on how to
download from CVS the version of umbrello that you want.

Stephen
--
Stephen Torri
GPG Key: http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~storri/storri.asc