[Uml-devel] non english chars, documentation

Sebastian Stein seb_stein at gmx.de
Sun Jul 20 01:47:10 UTC 2003

?????????? ????? <aribic at ptt.yu> [030720 10:36]:
> Package: umbrello
> Version: 1.1.1 (KDE 3.1.1) (SuSE)
> Severity: grave
> Compiler: gcc version 3.3 20030226 (prerelease) (SuSE Linux)
> OS: Linux 2.4.20 i686 (SuSE)
>
> 1. When I write cyrilic charaters in text, it is visible. When I load that
> document, cyrilic character becoms ???????. Probably saving in iso8859-1
> (default). There is no way, (as I know) to change this.

If I understand you right you enter the chars for a documentation and if you
reload it everything is lost?

Well, could you please grep the xmi file (thats where your model is stored)
and look if the chars are in there or not?

> 2. Loosing documentation text for operations and attributes. I wrote docs
> normaly. When next time opens class property, there is no docs when I
> click some attribute or operation

This is a known problem and is fixed in CVS. With next major KDE release you
can benefit of this fix.

Umbrello UML Modeller
Description     : UML diagram drawing tool for KDE with code generation
Homepage        : http://www.umbrello.org/