[Uml-devel] changes in build system

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Wed Jan 29 15:44:03 UTC 2003

On Thu, 30 Jan 2003, Luis De la Parra Blum wrote:
> making a diff of the current code to the latest version I had from SF (where I
> coded the resize and zoom) I realized the makefiles are changed.  They are
> much cleaner now, but they are not managed by KDevelop anymore.

Yes, David Faure, Dirk Mueller (consulting me) cleaned them up.  This
seems to be a requirement of being in KDE.

> also, now all the files explicitly include the .moc.cpp at the end instead of
> letting the build system take care of this (ie, compile the two files
> separatly and then link together)

There's a program, includemocs, which did this.  It's supposed to make it
compile faster.

> does this mean we now have to manage the build system by ourselves??  (ok, as
> long as we dont and new files no problem, but.....)

Unfortunatly the KDE people assume that we can manage it ourselves, so I
guess we'll have to.  (Although as just to proove your point I'm stuck on
how to get Umbrello to recognise the number in the VERSION file.  What
I've done in the Makefile.am doesn't seem to work.)