[Uml-devel] 2.0 status

Andrew Sutton ansutton at kent.edu
Thu Jan 23 08:46:02 UTC 2003

On Thursday 23 January 2003 2:55 am, Heiko Nardmann wrote:

> Maybe there are some implementation ideas in Chris Moores code which help
> you:
>
> http://www.freecase.seul.org/~zmower/repository-0.6.tar.gz

it won't help. this is code implemented from the 1.3 or 1.4 UML interfaces
using an IDL compiler. we're not operating in a CORBA environment. we have
vastly different operating environment. for one, we're building for KDE so,
we don't have the "benefit" of the entire CORBA object hierarchy. or the Java
programming language in which everything is ultimately derived from Object.
we have to invent the mapping of MOF and UML in such a way that our needs are
met.

also, chris moore isn't implementing MOF. we are. we're also implementing the
reflective interfaces - which he didn't. in other words, we're probably going
to be doing more work than (as far as i can tell) any other modeling tool in
existence. i don't even think rational rose implemented MOF. last i heard
there was a plugin from somebody else.

andy