[Uml-devel] A 2.0 GUI/Association idea

BARTKO, Zoltan bartko.zoltan at pobox.sk
Thu Jan 23 00:17:02 UTC 2003

Dear all,

I have an idea about the behavior of associations for 2.0. I would like to
know your opinion:

In ArgoUML (http://argouml.tigris.org) the objects are connected with
associations that (e.g. it's endpoints) are allowed to move freely along the
borders of the object (I know, this is a very brief description, but no
description can replace experience). This is good, if you create anchor
points in the association and move the object. If you do so, it is very
probable that you won't have to change the anchor points' locations to
maintain the original angles between the segments of the association.

The current 1.1 association behaviour is, AFAIK, split the edge of the
object, to which the associations are connected to, into equal parts and
maintain this behaviour if whatever happens. This means, that by adding a
few attributes to the diagram I am obliged to "pull the strings apart"
again, if I like 90 deg. angles - which I do.

Thanx for reading

Keep the Faith

Zoltan